When you purchase insurance leads online, you expect it to be easy to contact the consumer via phone. You may not always get in touch with the person after one call, but you hope that things turn in your favor soon enough.
If you are unable to contact a prospect via phone, there are five steps you should think about taking.
1. Keep track of every attempted phone call and voice message. While this may take a little bit of time, it is well worth it in the long run. This will give you a clear idea of just how hard you have been trying. It may also open your eyes as to when you should be contacting leads in the future.
Have you been attempting to contact the same lead at the same time of the day? If so, make a change to your schedule. This one adjustment may be the key to making contact.
2. Keep trying. As easy as it may be to give up after a couple of phone calls, you don’t want to walk away just yet. You paid good money for the lead, so you should attempt to make contact several more times. It may get to a point when you need to give up and move on, but don’t do this prematurely.
3. Don’t wait too long to leave the lead in the dust. As noted above, there is nothing wrong with staying persistent. That being said, if you waste too much time calling leads that never answer you will find that your business is suffering. As difficult as it may be to move on, this is something that you should get used to. It is something that is going to happen quite often in this line of business.
4. Contact your insurance lead company for a refund. Most companies have a simple to follow refund policy. If you purchased a bogus lead, you should be able to receive a refund without delay. This money can then be used to purchase another lead.
5. Continue to make phone calls. Don’t let one bad apple spoil the entire batch. Just because one consumer has decided to avoid your phone calls does not mean that the rest are going to do the same. Most agents find that getting the consumer on the phone is the easy part. It is making a sale that proves to be more difficult.
When you spend money on leads you expect to find yourself in position to make a sale. At the very least, you want to get on the phone with the consumer to discuss his or her requirements while also giving your sales pitch. When you speak one-on-one with a consumer, you are in position to sway the buying decision in your favor.
If you are unable to contact a purchased insurance lead via phone, move through the five steps detailed above. You may find that a little bit of persistence and patience can go a long way.